For the fact that capacity for research in Sierra Leone needs to be strengthened and in many cases built, the Sankoh Foundation will for now not limit its scope of funding to any specific area of research. Hence, our programmes include the following:
- Support a broad range of research areas so long as the research will answer key questions related to health and development in Sierra Leone;
- Support initiatives that promote reading and the publication of literature produced by Sierra Leoneans;
- Support Small Library Projects in Sierra Leone to make research materials available to researchers;
- Provide Core Institutional Support to deserving research institutions whose activities align with the mission of the Sankoh Foundation; and
- Support specific research and educational activities that promote road safety in Sierra Leone.